Terms & Conditions
Macdonald Frimley Hall x Modalu
Purchase any full price Modalu piece between the 6th and 20th of April 2017 to automatically go in the running to win a mini-break for two, with dinner on one night, at the four-star Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel & Spa in Camberley. Set amongst stunning private gardens, the hotel has an award-winning restaurant and luxurious spa, providing the perfect escape for a relaxing weekend away.
- 1. The Competition begins on April 06 2017 (the “Start Date”). The Competition closes at 11.59pm on April 20 2017 (the “End Date”). The Competition is open to all UK and overseas residents over the age of 18, except employees of Modalu and the Prize Provider, its agents, contractors and their family members. Transport is not included.
- The winner will be notified by Modalu email on or before April 22 2017.
- The winner will be selected at random from the email addresses provided at the point of purchase.
- The winner will be notified using the email address provided when making a purchase. The winner may be asked to provide identification. Any winner who is not contactable or who fails to return contact within 48 hours of notification after reasonable efforts have been made to contact them will be disqualified, they thereby forfeit their right to the prize, no compensation will be given and a reserve entrant will be selected as an alternative winner.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances Modalu and the Prize Provider reserve the right to substitute the Prize Package for an alternative of equal or greater value.
- Modalu accepts no responsibility if the Prize Provider refuses to issue the prize.
- If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of Modalu and/or the Prize Provider and which prevents Modalu and/or the Prize Provider from complying with the Rules, neither Modalu or the Prize Provider will be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing their obligations. Modalu reserves the right to modify, delay, postpone or cancel the Competition in the event of circumstances outside of its reasonable control.
- This Competition and the Rules shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- By entering the Competition, all entrants consent to the processing of their personal data by Modalu for the purposes of administration of this Competition.
- The Competition promoter is Global Brands Group Europe Footwear and Accessories of 2nd Floor 20 Broadway Studios, W6 7AF London and all references to Modalu shall mean Global Brands Group Europe Footwear and Accessories. Modalu shall have the right to license all and any rights granted to Modalu to its associated companies and licensees.
Specific prize terms and conditions
- The prize is subject to availability and is non-transferable.
- The prize is for one customer and a guest to win a two-night stay for two at Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel & Spa.
- The prize includes overnight accommodation and complimentary breakfast each morning.
- A three-course dinner at the double AA Rosette awarded restaurant will be provided on one night. This meal will be complimentary up to the value of £25 per head. Extras such as alcohol not included.
- Prize to be taken by no later than 22 December 2017.
- The competition is open to both our UK and overseas guests, but transport is not included.
Email Sign Up Offer:
1. One usage per customer.
2. Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
3. Offer only applicable with purchases of full price handbags.
Access to and use of this website (including its products and services, collectively known as ‘Services’) are subject to the following terms and conditions. By using this website and its services, you are agreeing to all of the terms and conditions detailed below. We will occasionally update the terms and conditions, so you should check this page regularly to take note of any changes made.
Access to this website it at the discretion of TLG Brands, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the Services without notice. We will not be held liable if the website is unavailable, for any reason, at any time or for any period.
www.modalu.com may occasionally link to other websites, which are not operated by TLG Brands. These ‘Linked Sites’ operate under their own terms and conditions and TLG Brands has no control over these sites and accepts no responsibility for them for any loss or damage that may arise as a result of using them.
www.modalu.com .com is not liable for any loss or damage caused by a denial-of-service attach, virus or any other technologically harmful material that may affect your computer equipment, program, data or any other material due to your use of this website, or to your download of material from this website, or websites linked to it.
These terms and conditions (“T&C”) constitute the entire agreement between you and us regarding your use of this Site and purchase of goods, and supersede any other terms and conditions, agreement or understanding, arrangements, undertaking or proposal, written or oral, between you and us in relation to such matters. Your ordering of goods and use of the Site shall be deemed to be your acceptance of the T&C. In the event any other rules, code of conduct, or other matter posted on this Site conflicts with the terms of the T&C, those rules, code of conduct or other matter shall prevail over the T&C. No oral explanation or oral information given by any party shall bind us nor alter the interpretation of the T&C. You confirm that, in agreeing to accept the T&C, you have not relied on any representation save insofar as the same has expressly been made a representation in the T&C and you agree that you shall have no remedy in respect of any misrepresentation which has not become a term of the T&C save that your agreement contained in this Clause shall not apply in respect of any fraudulent misrepresentation whether or not such has become a term of the T&C.
No waiver by Us of any breach of this Agreement shall be considered as a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same provision or other provision.
If any provision of this Agreement is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part the validity of the other provisions of this Agreement and the remainder of the affected provision shall be unaffected and shall remain in full force and effect.
We shall have no liability to You for any delay in performance to the extent that such delay is due to any event outside Our reasonable control including but not limited to acts of God, war, flood, fire, labour disputes, subcontractor delays, strikes, lock-outs, riots, civil commotion, malicious damage, explosion, governmental actions and any other similar events. If We are affected by any such event then time for performance shall be extended for a period equal to the period that such event or events delayed such performance.
The T&C will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and you irrevocably submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
Material published on this Site is the copyright of TLG Brands Ltd or its licensors. All rights reserved.
Price Match Guarantee
A promise to our customers that we will protect the pricing of our product in the online space.
If you, the customer, have not yet purchased the product from us but have found it cheaper elsewhere
- We will offer the product at the lower price and give an additional 10% off provided you buy from www.modalu.com
- Proof of the lower price must be provided from the same day to reflect the lower price via a screen shot or a link to an approved stockist site,
- If approved & verified by customer services a discount code will be issued via email and will be valid for 3 working days
If you, the customer, have already purchased from us and find the product cheaper elsewhere
- We will refund you with the price difference, plus an additional 10%
- You must send proof from the same day that the same product can be found cheaper elsewhere via a web link to the lower price or a screen shot.
- If approved by customer services your payment card will be credited within 3 working days (plus a further 3-5 days for funds to appear in your account)
- Price honour and discount offer only applies to purchases on our official online website www.modalu.com
- Offer only applies to same currency prices
- Proof of lower price must be supplied (Email confirmation / Web link to site with proof of date)
- Site with lower price must be an accredited Modalu stockist (eg. Not eBay or Amazon)
- Policy applies to online comparisons only
- Policy applies to same items in the same colour
- The product on the alternate website must be in stock and available for delivery immediately
- Modalu.com must have the product in stock
If you order with us and/or sign up for our newsletter or email alerts we shall retain your details so that we can deal with your order and/or send you alerts. We shall not sell or rent your name, addresses, email addresses or other personal information. We comply with the standards, procedures and requirements laid down in the UK Data Protection Act to ensure personal information you give us is kept secure and processed fairly and lawfully.
If you wish any or all of your personal information submitted to be removed from our database at any time, or if you do not wish to receive any marketing information from us, or if you wish to update or correct any inaccuracies in the personal information we hold about you or, if you have any other comments please e-mail us at email@example.com.
Under no circumstances may you misuse this website. You must not commit or encourage any type of criminal offence, transmit or knowingly distribute a virus, worm, Trojan, logic bomb or any other type of material that is technologically harmful or malicious, or which breaches confidence, or is in any way offensive or obscene. You must not hack into any part of the Services, corrupt data, or cause general annoyance for other users of this website. You are prohibited from sending any unsolicited advertising or promotional material – ‘Spam’.
Breaching any of the above would constitute a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990 and www.modalu.com will report any such misuse to the appropriate law enforcement authorities and disclose your identity to them.
Terms of Sale
All orders will appear on your bank statement in GBP. The onsite currency conversion is a currency conversion guide only. Therefore the final charged price may vary slightly on your bank statement. The actual exchange rate of the transaction will be determined by the cardholders bank/card company at the time of purchase.
No contract is created until we have accepted your order and sent you an email confirmation. If you do not receive an email confirmation within one working day please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org to check whether we have received your order. In the unlikely event that the product is listed at an incorrect price due to a typographical error or an increase in price that has not been updated on this site we will not process your order and will instead alert you immediately to the actual price of the goods. You will then have the option to proceed at this updated price. If we do not hear back from you we will treat this order as cancelled.
All our non-EU and Channel Island's orders are zero rated for VAT. Our web price is the same for EU orders as we subsidise shipping and the additional admin costs associated with export sales.
You, the customer, are responsible for investigating any customs duty or additional charges that may be applicable on worldwide orders. As a UK based company, TLG Brands will not accept any responsibility for additional custom duty charges incurred by your country customs.
Gift cards purchased through www.modalu.com and vouchers given from modalu.com can only be redeemed online at www.modalu.com. They cannot be redeemed in retail stores or at any concessions. Gift cards/vouchers can be exchanged for goods of a higher price than the face value of the gift card/voucher, on payment of the difference via debit/credit card. Gift cards can also be redeemed for goods of a lower value than the face value of the gift card, with the remaining balance being stored on your gift card for future re-use. If you wish to return an item bought with a gift card the refund will be credited to your account with www.modalu.com. Under no circumstances will a cash refund be offered for gift cards or vouchers. Gift cards/vouchers are not for resale and cannot be exchanged for cash. Gift cards are valid for 12 months after the date printed on the back of your gift card. www.modalu.com accepts no responsibility for lost, stolen or damaged cards. www.modalu.com reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions of the gift card at any time. This does not affect your legal rights.
Gift Set & Bundle Promotions
1. Only available on selected colours and styles as displayed Modalu.com.
2. Must be purchased as a promotion bundle as displayed at Modalu.com
3. If you wish to return any item of the bundle (Gift box, purse, handbag etc) the complete bundle must be returned or you will be charged the full and original price for all other items kept within the bundle.
4. Promotional bundles are only available at Modalu.com
5. Limited period only while stocks last
6. Personalised bags cannot be included in bundles.
** During sale periods, please refer to our Delivery & Returns section for current delivery terms and conditions. **
Standard delivery is free on all UK orders and takes between 3-5 working days. We use a variety of couriers depending on location. If you would like to know which courier we will use to send your parcel please contact customer services and we will be happy to help
During Sale periods standard delivery is not free, and UK orders will be charged £3.95 for delivery.
UK Next Day delivery costs £4.95 (£20 for Northern Ireland / Channel Isles). In order to qualify for next day delivery you must place your order by 3pm, Monday to Thursday. If you order anytime on a Saturday or Sunday you will receive your goods on the following Tuesday. Any orders placed on a Bank Holiday will be delivered 2 working days later. We do not deliver on a bank holiday so please bear this in mind when placing your order.
European delivery costs £10 and takes between 3 - 7 working days.
International worldwide delivery costs £15 and takes between 3 - 7 working days.
These dates and times for delivery are not guaranteed and are all subject to availability from our on-site warehouse and are dependent on the service of our courier companies functioning normally. Please note that we do not deliver to PO Boxes.
Please note that our shipping costs outside of the UK do not include any fees or costs associated with import or customs fees. Each country has different rules for import and custom fees so we advise you to check the rules of your country with regards to any additional costs you might be asked to pay.
Returns and Refunds policy
If you are not happy with your goods we offer a free* returns process (within the UK only). If you want to return any goods from outside the UK this must be arranged and paid for by you.
Please note, we cannot accept returns of personalised items.
Please clearly state on the returns form whether you require a refund or like for like exchange. Goods must be returned to us within fourteen days from receipt of your goods. We endeavour to process returns within 7 days from the date of return.
We will not accept any returns for non-faulty items that have been used and/or tags removed.
An extended returns period is offered on items bought between 1st December and 23rd December. You will have until 7th January to return any items you are not happy with, providing the items have not been used and the tags still remain on the product.
*You, the customer are responsible for paying to return any non-faulty items bought during sale periods.
If you want to return a product that you have identified as faulty you must contact us prior to returning the goods.
We are unable to reimburse you for the cost of postage so please contact us on +44 (0) 1252 533 561 or email@example.com so that we can arrange collection of your goods. If you have returned the goods to us within a reasonable time frame and we verify the goods as faulty we shall offer you a full refund or replacement (depending on stock availability).
If you have any queries regarding our returns process please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All goods which have been returned for refund in line with our Returns and Refunds policy will be credited using the same method originally used by you, at the price paid for the goods, including sales taxes and original shipping charges.
Returns Address: Modalu Web Returns, First GB Logistics Ltd, Zone 3 Kenfig Ind Est, Margam, Port Talbot, SA13 2PE
Gift cards purchased through www.modalu.com can only be redeemed online at www.modalu.com. They cannot be redeemed in retail stores or at any concessions. Gift cards can be exchanged for goods of a higher price than the face value of the gift card, on payment of the difference via debit/credit card. Gift cards can also be redeemed for goods of a lower value than the face value of the gift card, with the remaining balance being stored on your gift card for future re-use. If you wish to return an item bought with a gift card the refund will be credited to your account with www.modalu.com. Under no circumstances will a cash refund be offered. Gift cards are not for resale and cannot be exchanged for cash. Gift cards are valid for 12 months after the date printed on the back of your gift card. www.modalu.com accepts no responsibility for lost, stolen or damaged cards. www.modalu.com reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions of the gift card at any time. This does not affect your legal rights.
We operate a complaints handling procedure which is used to try to settle any disputes when they first arise. Please contact us should you have any complaints or comments.
The following terms and conditions to apply to competitions and prize draws on this website, Facebook, Instagram and/or Twitter unless otherwise stated:
1. Prize draws and competitions are not open to employees (and their immediate families) of TLG Brands, their agents, or anyone connected with the competition or prize draw in question.
2. Only one entry per person. Collective and/or proxy entries are not allowed.
3. All prizes are subject to availability and TLG Brands reserves the right to exchange them for items of equal or greater value.
4. Prizes are non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
5. A winner(s) will be drawn at random from all valid entries received by the closing date. In respect of competitions.
6. No correspondence will be entered into regarding the selection of the winner(s).
7. To request the name and county of the winner(s), please send a stamped self-addressed envelope to TLG Brands, 20 Broadway Chambers, Hammersmith Broadway, London, W6 7AF
8. If you are under the age of 16, you must obtain permission from your parent/guardian before you enter this competition.
9. Prizes unclaimed after 60 days will be deemed to have been forfeited and TLG Brands reserves the right to offer the prize to another entrant.
10. The prize draws and competitions are governed by English law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
11. By entering a prize draw or competition, each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions
Ethical Sourcing Policy
As a reputable and trusted business, www.modalu.com is committed to offering its customers high quality products and is obliged to ensure that all stages of the production of our accessories are operating ethically. At each stage we consistently provide an environment which protects our employee’s health and safety and basic human rights.
All stages of production comply with national employment laws and regulations with particular regard to:
- Minimum age of employment
- Freely chosen employment
- Health and safety
- Freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining
- No discrimination
- No harsh or inhumane treatment
- Working hours
- Rates of Pay
- Terms of employment
Please note that due to their nature, some textured surfaces such as Saffiano crossed hatch leather, mock croc, lizard print and pebble leathers, small breaks may appear in the foil stamping.
Personalised items require an additional 2 working days alongside our 3 -5 day standard delivery policy for completion (and are therefore exempt from next day delivery). Unfortunately personalised items cannot be accepted for exchange or refund.
Please note, we cannot accept returns of personalised items.
All contracts for the sale of goods are placed with:
TLG Brands Limited, Second Floor, 20 Broadway Studios, London, W6 7AF
Company registration no. 6631593 (registered in the UK)
Company VAT no. [ GB 927315620 ]
Telephone No. 01252 533561
Email address: email@example.com